[LRflex] Re: Coast Guard photos with the Leica Olympus

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 10:26:30 +0200

Thanks Gary - there was no hurry you know ;-)
The result is clearly up to the previous photos' standard - on top of
the understandingly positive remarks already posted to which i couldn't
agree more, I find the light really finely captured, even though the
heavier original file must be telling much more of course - what i find
excellent is the rendition of the second bolder with the lychen -first
one slightly out of focus?) - the tops of the sunlit trees in the
distance seem slightly burnt out, but who would have expected to do
better on film? - very nice composition too; for a near point and shoot
shot congratulation on your gear (we have to admit this even on a leica
list) and on  your eye ;-)

Phileicangenieux

PS: plus one about FILO vs FIFO in the posting