[LRflex] Re: New Panasonic SLR DMC L1

  • From: mehrdad <msadat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 19:42:19 -0800

all of these cameras use the 4/3 mount system so panasonic, leica and
olympus all use the same mount system

On 3/25/06, Charles E Cason <cec@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have read about the similarities between this new Panasonic and the Oly=
mpus 330.  But with regard to the Panasonic with a removable leica lens, ca=
n anyone say what mount Panasonic is using for this lens.  I thought this w=
ould bemore newsworthy that the 330 with adapter but have heard nothing on =
line about the DMC-L1.
> This comment from DPR really caught my eye  "Sharing as much of the limel=
ight is the new Leica D 14-50 mm lens which has a fast maximum aperture of =
F2.8 to F3.5, this lens is clearly a quality piece of engineering and will =
definitely afford the DMC-L1 with a significant optical advantage over othe=
r D-SLR kits. Of course the lens also features Panasonic's 'Mega OIS' image=
 stabilization."  Does anyone know if this is a lens with Aspherical elemen=
ts or APO?