[LRflex] Re: Coast Guard photos with the Leica Olympus

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 23:36:32 +0100

Hi Gary - congratulations as usual - these snaps are smashing

one remark though - I notice that the gist of your snaps results from
the "shiny", "glossy" side of the pixes. And I do like them as afore
said, but ...

i'd like to see some landscapes where softer tones are involved, or
nature at least - I went for a "walk by the canal" (copright by Jerry?
wink) yesterday and I found a couple of ducks - the male was sitting on
the egg until i came around - then the female replaced him as i drew
closer - guess why; the colours for sure. She had nearly disappered in
the lleaves as their colours melted and match so well. And I suddenly
wondered wether my gear was suited for this kind of photography - so i'd
like to see some kind of pix where - as on Douglas or David's - nature
is soft and peaceful, where tones and colours are subtler - this would
tell me more about the gear than a repeat of -although beautifully shot
and rendered- shiny engieneering (fresnel, laquer, paint, metal, etc.)

I hope i'm not getting across your feelings - i simply want to know more
about the range of possibilities offered by this seemingly beautiful new
piece of equipment.

Thanks for trying to understand the point
Waiting for more

Humbly (wink) Yours
Phileicangenieux