[LRFlex] Re: APO vs Asph

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:57:37 EST

Guy's,

Here's another of my oldie memories. Back in the mid-to-late 80's, Tamron
made a 135mm, f/2.5 adaptall2 lens that absolutely superb. I did some research
into this lens and found an obscure promo brochures that made the statement
that
this lens was constructed using "Rare Earth" glass. (HAH) I had already
assumed such. Sadly, I dropped the lens into a lake at the point where the
water
was in excess of 100 feet deep! Just a bit more than I'd try to snorkel down in
to look for it. Not that I didn't give it more than a passing thought.

I've looked for another one on the internet for several years now and just
missed on at KEH by about 20 minutes and it was sold for 49.00 in excellent
condition!

Art Tafil