Re: San Pablo Atitalan, Guatemala

  • From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:57:16 -0400

At 09:03 PM 10/11/2005, you wrote:

Tina,

I certainly will not forget this family. Your photographs are, as usual, exquisite. With such a beautiful record of this family, it would be virtually impossible to forget them. Please let us know if you hear anything about their status.

Jim

I just got an e-mail from the doctor that we work with in Guatemala. He says that they have not been able to reach San Pablo and two of the other villages that we work with on Lake Atitlan. The roads are gone. They are trying to figure out how to get help and food to the people. The health promoters who we trained are all working with the doctors in the accessible villages. None of the staff people were killed or injured but most of them are sick and it's still raining.

Thanks for your concern.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com