Re[2]: Agile Dogs

  • From: Harrison McClary <harrison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mark Bohrer <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 23:11:24 -0500

On Monday, October 3, 2005, 7:54:11 PM, Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

MB> I'm kind of prejudiced in favor of the Sheltie images - I love mine! Not
MB> that she'd be winning any agility or obedience points anytime soon... ;)

Yeah...my sheltie is the smartest dog I have ever had....but I do not
think he would win any agility contests either, esp considering that
he fell off the steps walking up tot he house tonight! Silly dog...he
just ran straight off the side.  I was sure he had broken his back,
but luckily he seems to be fine.

MB> Nice images, if a bit noisy from the unavoidably high ISO in what I'm
MB> assuming was very dim light.

Thanks, but I am wondering where all these people who complain about noise in
high ISO digital were in the days of film?  Those images were at ISO
3200...I NEVER saw less grain from ANY color neg film pushed to
3200...actually it was FAR worse...and at 1600...forgetaboutit...the
1600 neg film I shot in my news days looked more like this 3200 does,
at 1600 the 1DII is VERY clean.  Not all things can be shot at ISO 50
or 100...sometimes you gotta push it and IMHO the 1DII delivers when
you gotta go high.

Heck I knew photographers who used to like the very grainy (noisy) 400
ISO chrome films...they actually got mad when Fuji came out with the
low grain 400. However since the advent of digital for some reason any
noise at all is unacceptable.  Whatever.  For me I will shoot it where
it needs to be shot and not worry over much about it.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography