Re: Water Spots?

  • From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 13:23:46 -0400

At 10:46 AM 10/2/2005, you wrote:

I'm told that dirt on the sensor will leave white specks, as the dust blocks the light from the pixels. So these aren't dirt.
They're not a problem to eliminate with the Healing tool in PS, but I wonder... What are they? Am I the only one to have them? And... what do I do about them?

David Young,

Not true. Dust on my Canon digital shots show up as the same gray blobs. I have the Visible Dust brushes, but you can get any soft make-up brush and wash the sizing out of it. Spray it with compressed air to make it static. Use the mirror up or cleaning feature on the Canon to get to the sensor. Remember that the dust will be in reverse from what you see on your files. Draw the brush lightly across the sensor. Take a picture of a white wall or the sky defocused to check for dust. Repeat if necessary. To prevent dust, don't change your lenses in dusty places and be sure to turn the camera off before you change lenses.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com