Re: Water Spots?

  • From: Bob Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 08:53:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi David,

I believe this is "dust" on your sensor. Dust on a
sensor causes dark spots, not white ones, to the best
of my knowledge:
http://www.photo.net/equipment/digital/sensorcleaning/

I have purchased and now my photo store carries Visble
Dust products:
http://www.visibledust.com
And they're Canadian! :-)

I haven't actually had occasion to use the product (I
bought the sensor brush and chamber cleaner) as I
haven't encounted dust yet, so I can't give a first
hand testimonial. I tend to destroy my equipment
before it has a chance to get dirty (that's a whole
other story from this weekend :-(

Good luck. BTW, I have no affiliation with them.
Bob

Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA
http://www.raflexions.com