RE: It always makes me wonder...

  • From: Gary Pinkerton <gpinkcp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 07:19:45 -0500

Several years ago, a clerk in a Wolf camera store wouldn't let me see a Leica;
said it was for "serious" buyers only.
I have no idea how he knew I wasn't a serious buyer, but I didn't press him;
wish now I had.
Not all books can be judged by their covers, or so I've heard.

Great shots from Ireland, Sonny, keep'em coming.

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 17:18:21 -0500From: sonc.hegr@xxxxxxxxxxx:
leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Re: It always makes me wonder...
We were at a family reunion in Arkansas, and "the guys"  made a field trip to a
nearby town to check out the pawnshops.  We spotted a music store, and stopped
in. My brother in law, an R&D engineer for a major computer company,  our
collective five sons and me, all dressed rather casually, Five of the group
were musicians.Adam asked the clerk about a copy of a Paul McCartney bass.  The
guy sez, "You can't afford it."I turned to  the guy and said,  "I could pay
cash,  but I'm not going to reward you with a sale." Three years later, the
bass was still in the store.SonC, (who dresses very casually most of the time)
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Dave Saalsaa <dsaalsaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, indeed.  I had a customer in my store once that I thought didn't have two
nickels to rub together from the way he was dressed. Turned out he was a very
rich man and bought a very expensive bike from me.  Clothes may make the man
but not necessarily indicate the bank account.  Heck just remember Jed
Clampett.  :-)Dave----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Barbour"
<kididdoc@xxxxxxx>To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 4:34
PMSubject: Re: It always makes me wonder...

On Jul 30, 2008, at 2:26 PM, David Young wrote:
On 30/07/2008, Steve Barbour wrote:
he's probably a millionaire, maybe he has something he wants tooffer......did
you ask him...?Yup ... see my answer to Bob.  And, no, he's not a millionaire.
 Likely not even a hundred-aire!I met a guy who looked like that who turned out
to be a Nobel  Laureate...the other guy I'd watch out for is Steve Wozniak,
inventor of the  Apple computer...these guys can fool you,Steve
Cheers!---David Young,Logan Lake, CANADALimited Edition Prints at:
www.furnfeather.netPersonal Web-site at: www.main.furnfeather.netStock
Photography at:
per instructions. You may also log in to  the Web interface to