Re: It always makes me wonder...

  • From: Jeffery Smith <jsmith342@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:01:06 -0500

Epiphone makes a relatively inexpensive copy of the violin bass.

http://www.epiphone.com/

They go for about $300. The quality is probably similar to McCartney's original Hofner (which weren't considered to be great even in the early 1960's). I have several Epiphones made in Japan and Korea. They are all great quality for the price.

Jeffery

Sonny Carter wrote:
We were at a family reunion in Arkansas, and "the guys" made a field trip to a nearby town to check out the pawnshops. We spotted a music store, and stopped in. My brother in law, an R&D engineer for a major computer company, our collective five sons and me, all dressed rather casually, Five of the group were musicians.

Adam asked the clerk about a copy of a Paul McCartney bass. The guy sez, "You can't afford it."

I turned to the guy and said, "I could pay cash, but I'm not going to reward you with a sale."

Three years later, the bass was still in the store.

SonC, (who dresses very casually most of the time)
--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com