RE: It always makes me wonder...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 06:53:52 -0700

At 30/07/2008, you wrote:

Appearances can be deceptive...did you ask him what he did for a living?
        CHEERS!
                BOB

Actually, Bob, I did. He's a "professional student" (his words) and freely admitted that he has little interest in an actual job. He complained about his student loans, and how he didn't see how he'd ever repay them. He just didn't see why, with all the wealth around, that the world shouldn't simply give him $75 to $100,000 per year, just for being educated!

I have no problem with wealth reallocation, in terms of welfare, foreign aid, etc. for those who truly need it. But those folks seldom wear such shirts.

I took the shot because I thought his shirt showed more education than most similar ones and that caught my attention.

I hesitated to post it, for fear of starting a political debate, which nobody needs. I simply found the shirt (and the man) interesting.

Cheers!
---

David Young,
Logan Lake, CANADA