Re: Darkup set / Enlargers

  • From: "jrofcbr@xxxxxxxxxxx" <jrofcbr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:08:24 GMT

To All,

Several questions to all who have a darkroom and/or do their own developing
using the 35mm format, with a M6 or a Leica camera.

Might any of you have any suggestions as to an enlarger for the
35mm format, b&w and possible color later down the road?

I?ve have thought of either a Durst or the Focomat V35.  Does anyone have any
suggestions or experience with either of these?

Furthermore, I?ve been reading up a several ?photographic tools? from Versalab,
Heiland and Dunco such as the  (1) ?Parallel? alignment gauge for photographic
enlargers. The (2) ?Splitgrade? is a new electronic system that saves
frustration, time and materials by automating the variable contrast printing
process. It automatically evaluates the negative projected on the easel,
chooses the contrast grade and exposure time, and then performs the exposure
using its own mechanized filter module installed in the enlarger lamp head. It
can be programmed to suit your own preferences.  And (3) ?Densitometers?
control of your darkroom processes.

Any experience in using any or all of these photographic tools?

I?m the process of gathering equipment to setup a darkroom?  Does anyone have
any practical suggestions for me to keep in mind along the way?

Thanks

Ollie