RE: Arial Ballet

  • From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:48:25 -0700

Bob Adler showed:

Subject: Re: Arial Ballet

> My vet loves wildlife photography. He's smart and he's

> good. He does workshops, when he's not running his vet practice, in Alaska
for photographing bear, eagles and whatever else is around.

> He invited me, along with several other hobbyists, to his house today
where he has about 20 humming bird feeders. His wife said they go through
25lbs of sugar every 5 or 6 days.

> Kind of like shooting fish in a barrel, but fun. Stopping time with a
camera gives a whole new appreciation for the abilities of these little
sugar rats!

> http://www.raflexions.com/Hummers
<http://www.raflexions.com/Hummers%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c>

Hi Bob,

Very well shot even if they "almost" ;-) stood still for you. :-)

We have humming birds around here sometimes at the hanging flower baskets,
but they're so fast I you don't happen to be looking in the flower pot
direction you don't see them.

Even when I've had a camera handy on the table, before I pick it up . "POOF"
like smoke in a wind.. They are gone. :-(

So it's hats off to you for these fine examples.

ted