RE: Arial Ballet

  • From: "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:31:16 -0400

Bob Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> http://www.raflexions.com/Hummers

Love these birds!  My favorites are the ones where the female Anna's is in
focus with a male showing off in the background.

IMHO the lighting is a bit of a problem in these pictures, it looks like it
was from the left and highly directional.  Of course I wasn't there and I
don't know what options you had, but if you had been able to move to get
frontal lighting it would improve the photos.  Given the speed these
critters move I suspect shooting from the shadow side is not practical.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com