Re: Arial Ballet

  • From: Bob Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:28:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the input! You're correct, of course, about the lighting. With the
particular feeder I was working, moving toward my left to get more frontal
lighting would have put me over the banister! I'll check out another feeder
next time based on your response(s).

I'm a bit confused by one think you're suggesting. You say that frontal
lighting would be good, but then so would shooting from the shadow side. Both
would lend very different images, especially since I wasn't using any fill
flash. From what I saw, shooting from the shadow side removed any natural
"twinkle" in their eyes, which I thought made the images. Am I missing
something in your suggestion?

Thanks for the help. Your input will probably entice me to go back sooner
rather than later!
Bob

 Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA