[korgypark] Re: korg pcif interface problem

  • From: "Bill Gallagher WA3RA" <ks3y@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 13:19:46 -0500

I have noticed the same thing...it is caused by a 'ground loop' between the
sound card and the and the synth. The PCIF cable ground and the audio ground
are not quite the same. I have 'fixed' the problem in my system by ensuring
that the PC and the synth are plugged into the same power stip, AND running
a separate ground wire between the synth and the soundcard.

Incidentally, I do not have the problem when I send the audio to a separate
mixer .

Cheers!

Bill G.