[korgypark] Re: More PCIF and MIDI/USB questions

  • From: "Duran-Seipel, Ramon" <ramon.duran@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 08:11:47 +0200

Hi Brynley,

since I think I've been the one that said that it works and I haven't
used this setup in a long time, I had to wait to go home to check it.
The result is that it works flawlessly, as it should.

Here's my Setup:

Windows XP Pro
X5_05 Soundeditor
Korg X5DR
Midiman USB Midisport 8x8/s

I've send and received the whole memory dump (the biggest and hardest
sysex file) without problem. I've also edited some parameters in the
Soundeditor and the changes are inmediately seen in the 2 lines
screen...

If you think it carefully, there's no reason to not work. You have a
software (editor) that works in XP, a midi driver that works in XP, and
a great synth that respons to all kind of midi messages...

However, as mentioned some weeks ago, there are some midi interfaces
that doesn't handle correctly sysex (almost all send from the editor are
sysex), specially the ones that claim that don't need power supply, that
will be taken from the data wires... That's a trick , a good one, but
the problem is that it doen't work with sysex messages.

If you (or any other) want to know some other parameters I have in my setup
that might
do a difference with yours, just let me know and I'll try to help you...

Regards
Ramon