Re: Alive

  • From: "Thomas Anderssen" <thomas.anderssen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 07:34:15 +0200

Hi Billy.

Definetly - scrap the Casio, and borrow the X5 - you'll be amazed. I
predict that you won't let go of it again, or even perhaps get your
hands on it's bigger brother - the X5D. Both are available as modules
as well; the X5 counterpart would be 05/RW and the x5D:s would be
X5DR. The difference is of course that the modules do not have a
keyboard. The diff between X5 and X5D is that the latter has brand
new A bank of 128 sounds in addition to the B bank (which equals A-
bank on the X5) and 64 simultaneous voices as opposed to 32 for the
X5. To borrow one "for life" is definitely a bargain....

my 2 cents....
cheers, Thomas

On 28 Nov 2001 at 17:28, james_bailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> Unlike your last caller I am unfortunately no longer alive.
> I did however manage to join this list around 2 months ago as I was
> intending to obtain some form of synth or sound module for use with a home
> PC. I had been offered the loan of an X5 so was attempting to get some
> background info.
> Still haven't made me mind up so for the moment am using Cubase as a
> sequencer, Ensoniq - Esq1 for a master keyboard and a cheap little Casio
> piano module for alternative voices.
> Do you reckon I would be better off borrowing this X5 indefinitely off me
> brother?
>
> Billy

Thomas Anderssen
Jakobstad Energy Utility (www.jpenergy.net)