[klaatumail] Re: Remastered Hope...

  • From: dean thut <deansmilkco@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 08:17:52 -0700 (PDT)

   This is what I said. So if it`s partially correct or not depends on your
definition of correct.
 "The original problem was that they were already compressed and EQd. The
reason they sound better this time is probably due to the advance in
audio technology."

     I got my information from Peter Moore`s website.  If someone is wrong it`s
not me.

    Dean

> Dean is partly correct.
>
> The same COPY of the master tape is being used.
>
> The original master was "lost" along with the original artwork, when
> Klaatu sent this to Capitol in 1977.
>
> However, the difference in the sound is caused by the way that analog audio
> has
> been transferred to digital, with a new high resolution transfer having been
> done this time.  PLUS, the amount of hiss reduction vs EQ tweaking makes a
> difference.

> Where Dean is incorrect is with regard to WHO did the remastering.
   I got my information from Peter Moore`s website.  If someone is wrong it`s
not me.

Thanks again.
      Dean