[kismac] Re: Okaaaay... passive mode working now

  • From: Brad Knowles <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:24:27 +0100

At 3:15 PM -0500 2006-02-16, SafeTacks wrote:

 I'm not sure if this has to do with this or not, thanks for the
 information, but I thought that part of the reason could also be that
 many of the newer wireless routers/cards often use a technology to
 speed bandwidth and transmission by using multiple channels at a time.

Some of the newer routers do use MIMO (Multiple-In/Multiple Out) or similar technologies, but the problem remains that there are only three non-overlapping channels, and you can easily see most everything on channel six if you are on channel seven, and vice-versa.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755