[kismac] Re: (No Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:49:42 +1030

  • From: "globo" <globo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:34:14 +0100

> > 2. Custom bullets for APs.
> >    The colorcoding of the rounded bubbles is fine.
> >    Being totally opaque the overlap also.
> >    It would be great to be able to set a custom PNG for each Type.
> >    That way one could use transparency
>
> Yep, we can try that. They're inside the application bundle if you
>  want to edit them themselves.

I've tried. Transparencies work with the TIFFs they are misaligned
though.only the lower half is visible when replaced. I assume that the
x-axis is also misaligned when a different size is used. (Original size
is 15x15 px I was trying a 45x45 px)

To make that approach usefull (i.e. patching the bundle) the bullets
need to be placed centered in some way.

I've made screenshots of my "beefed-up" area-maps I mentioned in my
other post:

http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc288&image=9effa_Area_1.jpg
Blurred, inverted and colorized (green for no encryption, red for wep
and blue for wap)

http://img147.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc259&image=51acb_Area_3.jpg
Same image as above except for that the blurred ares have "topographic"
lines

http://img143.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc197&image=42d10_Area_2.jpg
combination of the two above.

I don't even dare to imageine what a OpenGL version of this approach
would look like. Each area of reception drawn as a translucent dome
over it's location over the map. :-)) looks like I'm proposing a
different application by now...

globo