[kegswindows] Re: Virus infection

  • From: "David M. Dodge" <daviddodge1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kegswindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 22:45:50 -0700

Doug Looks like you may need to get the MBR restored and restore the
partition table.  Did you make recovery disks for the drive (win98, W2k) or
even Norton antivirus?  It seems like in the process of restoring your
Master boot record on the C drive they hosed the record for the D
partiition.  I would run a checkdisk to see if it sees any errors.  If you
can see all the data except two folders there is hope.

David Dodge