[k-alumni-wg] Re: proposal draft

  • From: Anja Pfaffenzeller <anja2011@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: k-alumni-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 06:57:57 -0300

Dear Tomek,

first of all thanks to you, Jessi and your friend for the hard work. This is a huge piece of work for such a short time.
I had a first look at the document and would like to ask for some clarifications.
What is a youth worker? Can we make sure that this applies to all our organiations? I don't fall into the category of youth anymore.

How will other kanthari projects benefit from this? Could we make clearer that this is kind of a pilot project to extend training opportunities to the network?

I was not able to see the call and so I am not aware of the requirements of the proposal, which makes it more difficult to comment. A pity that we don't have more European kanthari projects to include. For sure exchang with the German blind organization would b quite interesting, but not su sure if it takes away the grassroots and Kanthari focus.

I will go through the text again today and give more feedback.

Thanks again for the huge effort!

Anja

On 23/08/2015 01:44, David Sexton wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for working hard on this.

I am quite confused by the proposal. It seems very vague.

I don't understand why we are including three non-kanthari NGO's

Particularly the blind NGO in Germany for their credibility when we decided we
wanted to stand on our own.

The uniqueness of kanthari and graduate projects does not show through.
The proposal talks about youth and peer learning without explaining what things
people will learn through peer learning.
Also youth should specifically say that these NGOs are lead by youth.

I miss the grass roots and kanthari spice.
Sure, we have to answer specific questions, but there is a lot of room to add
our spice.

There are a few sections repeated with different wording, maybe we are supposed
to choose which one we like?

I think it is important to have a skype meeting as soon as possible to discuss
the proposal.

Also, we need to have an exact summary to send to the other alumni.
Applying for funding and continuing our working group was not planned in our
original action plan that we communicated to the other graduates.
This makes me very uncomfortable.

Thanks,
David

--