[JA] Re: Recovering dbd files

  • From: "George Lunt" <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 16:41:01 -0700

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 Robert Avery <rwavery@xxxxxxxx> asked:

>(1) How do I recover my folders from a dbd file that Juno can't read?

Hi again Bob, and All,

Well, thought you might hear from others on this subject, but as it seems
everyone has left early for the holiday <g>, I dug up the juno5bdb program
address.  That's the program you're looking for...  and it's nothing short
of a miracle...  usually.  I'll let you know now that it'll probably turn
out that your .atr file, half of the bdb database pair (basically the folder
index part) has probably been corrupted...  and the best you can expect is
to end up with on large folder with ALL your messages stuffed into it and
you'll have to re-sort them into folders again.

Anyway, do read the "Readme" file that comes with the juno5bdb .exe file.
It's pretty easy to follow and hopefully Larry Cook, a listmember who wrote
the program will "show up" to help if anything worse than the above is
amiss.

Thanks again to Michael Greene for hosting this program along with the older
Juno version installation files.

Thanks to both of you!

George Lunt ..... so. cal.