[JA] Re: Odd sounds coming from Juno

  • From: David F Wooledge <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:22:57 -0400

Yes I have been getting the "odd sounds" too.  I would describe them as
music with static.  I don't think it is due to setting different ways of
notifying of new mail.  The only change I have made in the way is to
flash the screen when mail with an attachment is sent or received.  The
"strange noise" does not occur every time I download messages either.
Dave

Hi All,

There have been two notes posted on the Junoaccmail Message Board
(http://www.junoaccmail.org/bbs) re: strange sounds emanating from Juno.
See below for the gist...

"Does anybody else's Juno play a sound clip shortly after opening the
mail viewer that sounds like bubbling noises then the intro to "We're not
gonna take it"? I posted this on another board where one other juno user
was having the same problem, but so far we've found no explanation or
resolution. My machine has had viral attacks in the past but currently
scans clean. Whucha think folks?"

I'm not sure if this is the problem or not, but I've been meaning to
mention that if you don't like the way Juno "notifies" you of new mail in
Juno 5, you have an alternative.  You can use the Mail Assistants
(filters) to set up your own sound and pop-up notifiers.  You can add a
different sound clip and pop-up for messages from Mom for instance,
different ones for Sis, another set for Dad. You can just have sound, or
just a pop-up if you like.  Kind of interesting to play around with
really.

One note about order... when I put both sound and a pop-up, I put the
sound as the first "action" you want Juno to take.  The pop-up requires
an "OK" click to make the box go away and proceed to the next action...
so the sound notifier just sits there waiting for you to click that OK
before it plays when it's the second action.

Now how the particular filter and sound clip may have gotten added to the
Mail Assistants of the folks who've posted to the Message Board is
anybody's guess.

George Lunt ..... so. cal.

David F Wooledge
wooledge001@xxxxxxxx              wooledge001@xxxxxxxxxxx
wooledge001_@xxxxxxxxx         wooledge001@xxxxxxxxxxxx
AOL dfwooledge                           ICQ 59686911