[JA] Re: Free Antiviral News

  • From: "thepccat@xxxxxxxx" <thepccat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 03:00:13 GMT

Well, Comodo has a reputation both as a very powerful software firewall =
and as a trouble maker for other applications [and I don't hear any clea=
r cut understanding or resolution, aside from hoping new versions will c=
lean it up somewhat]. Also, firewalls not are not just firewalls, they a=
re Network Intrusion Prevention System, Host Intrusion and Prevention Sy=
stem, and whatnot, and some of these whatnots may be doing similar thing=
s regarding your browsing that Avast! is doing. =

Nothing says you cannot disable all Avast! realtime processes except the=
 [I believe it is called the] Standard Shield [scans files wanting to be=
 opened], and let Comodo do its thing. See if that fixes stuff.

thepccat

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D<glw4@xxxxxxx>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
After reading this message I intended to stay with Avast 4.7, but I foun=
d that I was already in 4.8.
I am getting some strange behavior - I'm  not sure whether it's 4.8 figh=
ting Comodo, my firewall.
[...]