[jhb] Step Into The Future

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 10:51:40 +0100

For those of you currently bolting together bits that will allow you to run FSX, may I suggest a flight to demonstrate the potential.

If you have the Horizon GenX package, then download and instal the 3D Demo and it's update.

I took an intial look at it when it first became availble. Last night I thought it time I took a closer look.

To get a feel for the UK future, take off from Caernarfon and fly down the Mennai Straits. At the end, head right, to Conway, then follow the Conway Valley. The next bit would be a ridiculous suggestion, if using FS9; do the flight at 500 feet, with Autogen on. My slider is set only at Sparse but that is all you need to get the feel for the addons. I'll be surprised if you're not as impressed as I was, by the unusual feeling of reallity.

At normal cruise altitudes the scenery perhaps doesn't have the same impact but a once off, illegal, flight at low altitude shows just how far forward Horizon have brought us.