[jhb] Re: Step Into The Future

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 15:25:01 +0100

I agree about the potential for slowing down the system, hence my reluctance to put any of the existing FS9 AG, from VFR Addons, onto my FSX. In practice I think the level of control is going to be greater. The co-existance of the AutoGen slider, to control the total amount of AG loaded, together with the .cfg line that selects the ration of AG Trees to AG Buildings, should allow us to be more descriminating than was possible in FS9. It should be possible to have a preselected level of AG when undertaking low level VFR, or far less if flying VFR. Ideally I'd like to see AG emerge in a form that would allow me to instal and use only that which would appear close to airfields. Don't suppose it will happen. With experience of the way I cocked up FS9, by using too much of what became available, I'll definitely take a more critical approach to what I instal.

Gerry Winskill

bones wrote:

I doubt it would happen if VFR Add-Ons couldn't even get 100% tree coverage across the UK. The only problem with this level of detail is that it adds to the loading on FS so I can only hope there is still a system in place as with FS98 that allows you to set maximum load/draw distance. If not then even a jet flying over the area at FL350 is going to load the eagles and climbers and things start getting silly. bones