[jhb] Re: Saitek Pro yoke

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 12:55:18 -0000

Funny that should happen because a call to install the drivers is usually
only flagged up if you plug the USB device into a different port. That is
one of the downsides to USB - drivers are port specific.

I found this out the hard way when I pulled my PC apart to give it a good
clean. As I have 21 USB ports I replugged them into the sockets any old way
- I couldn't remember which device had gone where before. Then the fun began
because on restarting it was asking for loads of drivers to be installed
again.. :(