[jhb] Re: Saitek Pro yoke

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 11:33:15 +0000

I'm delighted with my Throttle Quadrants but I now have one of those niggling Windows thingies. Every time I boot up the PC it wants me to instal the drivers again. I ignore it and all works normally. Is there a way of shooting the messenger?

Gerry Winskill

*From:* Mike Lucas <mhlucas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
*To:* jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Date:* Mon, 31 Dec 2007 13:03:30 +0000

Peter

Unfortunately this doesn't help. When I look at the yoke in Control Panel >> Gaming options I can see that X deflection (ailerons) is full scale to the left but barely 50% to the right; similarly for Y deflection (elevator) - only 50% up, plus the yoke's 'dead' position gives decidedly down elevator. This can only be corrected if I can use the GUI calibration button - but this is not available to me as I cannot load any Saitek drivers (XP only).

Mike L

I assume you have booted with the Saitek connected, rather than
connecting the saitek after boot up.  I find it makes a big difference to
what works and what doesn't.
If its FS9 then it should calibrate using the FS9 calibration option.
Mine was drifting left until I calibrated it. I rarely run FSX but I
think it works OK in that from memory.

Saitek are pretty good at responding to email queries.

Peter