[jhb] Re: Printer Query

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 20:14:03 +0100

I've got two printers. I bought the Canon IP4200 a couple of years ago and it's excellent for photo prints. Unfortunately it's ink costs were crippling, so it sits on the end of the bench supporting paper supplies etc. Last Christmas my son bought me the Epson SX215 printer / scanner and it's economically OK for general use.

I've just been looking at the Epson SX125, on offer at £32 on Amazon. Only having three cartridges makes it a possible, for gift to daughter. The Epson replacements are only around £6, so it looks a definite possible; or summat.

Gerry Winskill

On 19/08/2011 19:46, Paul Reynolds wrote:
I have a Kodak 3200 and replacing both cartridges is around £20.

I bought it just before Christmas as replacement for an 15 year old HP
Deskjet 720 which I could no longer find original inks for (I've always used
original manufacturer inks, others can damage printheads).

Being on a low income, my main issue was running costs and so far, I'm quite
happy with it.

Paul