[jhb] Re: OT: Plot multiple locations in Google Maps

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 00:55:33 +0100

Hmmm.

I've typed my post code directly into GE and it found it immediately. Bad
news is that it only works on the first four digits so is only accurate to
about a mile. I tried Ronaldsway (IM9 2AS) but it only looks at IM92 and
centres on Ballasalla.

If I look at the properties for the waypoint it shows a Lat/Long value so
the conversion must be done from data on the GE server. I've also looked at
KML structure but although there is a <Features> command in which you can
enter a post code it says that this command cannot be included in a KML
file. Catch 22.

However, in my search I found this site - http://www.batchgeo.com/ - which
seems to provide just what you want.