[jhb] Re: OT: Plot multiple locations in Google Maps

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 00:25:19 +0100

It's just a matter of getting the syntax right. For my UK Airfield data I
used to export the Excel data to Notepad and manually alter this to KML but
this was horribly tedious and I only used to do it about once a year. Later
on I realised I could create the KML data in a separate sheet using copious
CONCATENATE functions and it works a dream. I can copy the sheet to Notepad,
rename this as a KML file and it's ready to go.

Having said that my airfields have Lat/Long data and this is ported over
direct to the KML so I guess it's sort of easy. I'm not sure how Post Codes
can be plotted as I've never looked at this sort of thing.