[jhb] Duff Clouds

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 13:55:02 +0100

Having copied the Active Sky sourced cloud textures across to FSX, I wasn't too surprised to find they reduced framerates slightly.

This morning's job was to make a dx3 version of the textures, to help improve fps.

It was a shock to find the modified clouds looked as though they'd been drawn by a cartoonist!

So, I've reverted to the unfiddled with ASv7 versions. No problem, since the 8800GTX should offset the effect on fps. But any idea why the DXT3 versions are so poor?

BTW; it's ominously quiet from the recently upgraded North East.......