[jhb] Re: AI in FSX Query

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 13:59:24 +0100

Tom,
I'm not sure settings that worked with FSX are going to be the best for the sim after SP1.

I've done a search on FSX USING SP1 but most of the sites were before SP1. For what it's worth, the only one I found was
http://blogs.technet.com/torgo3000/pages/FSX-FAQ-_2800_Part-1_2900_.aspx

For what it's worth, my settings, at the moment, are

GRAPHICS
Frame Rate 30
1280 x 1024 x 32
Trilinear
Antialiasing ticked
Global Texture Resolution at max
Advanced Animations ticked
Information Text  continuous

AIRCRAFT
2D Inst Pan ticked
Tool tips blank
HI Res 3-D VC  unticked
Transparency at zero
Aircraft Shadows on Ground ticked
Aircraft Shadows on Itself unticked
Aircraft Landing Lights ticked

SCENERY
LOD Radius  max
Mesh Complexity  max
Mesh Resolution  2m
Texture Resolution  7 cm.....CRUCIAL
Water Effects High  1.x.......high = lower fps
Land Detail Textures  ticked
Scenery Complexity    Max
AG Density   Sparse
Ground Scenery Shadows  unticked
Special Effects Detail   Max

WEATHER
Cloud Draw Dist   60 m
Thermal Visualisation  None
Download Winds Aloft  ticked
Rate of Weather Change   Medium
Detailed Clouds  ticked
Cloud Cover Density  High

TRAFFIC
Airline Density  79
GA Density  80
Airport Vehicle  Low
Road Vehicles 54
Ships & Ferries  40
Leisure Boats  40
Show Aircraft Labels  ticked
Model   ticked
Distance   ticked
Altitude  ticked
Cycle Rate  1 sec

On my system that seems to be working OK. I haven't made any of the FSX.cfg changes that I put in before SP1.

Hope that helps but keep an eye on the forums.

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Is it possible that the changed FSX structure might allow us to reduce the load, when selecting from the Aircraft Menu ?

Looking at FSX.cfg it lists

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
That line is followed by lines of the addresses to Airplanes, Rotorcraft, Ground Vehicles etc.

If a folder was made for "AI", all the AI aircraft put into the folder and AI add after Helicopter, on the User Objects line, then an additional address line added, would it be possible to segregate AI aircraft from the flying versions?

Any ideas in unmarked envelope.