working at a distance from laptop - wireless numpad

  • From: Carol Howieson <c.murphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:55:22 +0100

Hello,

I'm looking to source a wireless numpad and keyboard (or something better) for
a student who uses JAWS. She is doing a postgraduate diploma in law which
focuses largely on practice. She wants to be able to work at a distance from
her laptop, as she will be involved in interviewing and presentations. She
would like to be able to review prepared materials whilst working in this mode.

Numpad: I was thinking that a single document could be navigated by Numpad and
so a document of prepared notes could be managed in this way. Does anyone know
of a good wireless NumPad for JAWS users. Must have INS key and allow keystroke
combinations.

Keyboard: Does anyone know of a good wireless keyboard for JAWS users. Should
have Function keys available without need to use Fn switch.

Anyone know of anything better?

Carol

Carol Howieson
Assistive Technology Manager (Learning Services)
Disability Service, Rm4.41 Graham Hills Building
Tel: 0141 548 3402
Fax: 0141 548 2441
Minicom: 0141 548 4739
email: carol.howieson@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:carol.howieson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
with registration number SC015263