Re: word and spell check

  • From: "Terrill Reynolds" <terrill1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 14:58:54 -0400

Hi David:

I don't have that version of word, but I understand the markup option has been
moved.  Try going to the (Tools menu, then and then enter on options, on the
Security tab, uncheck the Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving
check box.

Close word and reopen it and see if this helps.  In addition, if you have
Norton anti virus installed make sure and disable the office plug-in from the
options.  If you cannot find it, you can search for "C:\Program Files\Norton
SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\OFFICEAV.DLL" in the search box and rename it to
OFFICEAV.DLL.old.  If you have norton installed the office plug-in will cause
this behavior in word.

Also on the view menu, make sure that normal is checked and zoom is at either
75 or 100 percent.  In addition, on the view menu go to toolbars and right
arrow in and make sure that only standard and formatting is checked.

Like I said, I am using word XP, or 2002 but I hope this can help.  If not let
us know and I will see if I can find another solution.  <Smile>.

HTH

Warmest Regards,
Terrill Reynolds
Regular Email: