windows xp pro crashing

  • From: "Philip Hall" <phall1246@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:19:41 -0400

I have been having a problem that just started. I don't know if it is a jfw
problem or something else. Whenever I go to the rfbd.org site, go to the book
catalog, and do a search for titles containing windows 2003, then I start to
read the results table. as soon as I get past the first title, and start to
read the second title, windows crashes and reboots.  after rebooting, i get the
message about windows stopping and i send the error report to microsoft. the
web page tthat comes up says that a device driver has caused the problem, and
there is no resolution for the problem.
I have tried this with both jfw 7.0 and the beta version witht he same results.

this seems to be the only place that it occurs however.  I have tried switching
jaws to use a different sound card, thinking that perhaps it was audio related.
same results.

anyone have any ideas?

phil