Re: strange problem with jaws 8 and ctrl+alt+j hotkey

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 17:39:32 -0500

MessageAlex,

I noticed the message you're responding to and remembered you're in the UK,
which makes calling to a US 800 number impossible, as well as expensive even if
it were possible. I don't understand why certain listers are hostile to the
idea that JAWS doesn't work equally well on all systems, but here's the email
address for FS tech support. In my experience, they typically respond within 24
hours, and the responses are often helpful. Naturally, you will need to try to
anticipate all the answers you've already tried in order to focus them on the
fact that you can't create the shortcut by any of the traditional methods.

support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope you and everyone else affected can get this problem resolved. Meanwhile,
I stay with 6.2 until you all succeed.
From: Alex Stone

Rick, Have you been following this thread. I'm sick and tired of the number of
times I've had to explain that I've checked all the desktop icons to make sure
nothing has the keystroke assigned to it. I've also used shortcut detective
from the jfwlite website to determine that there is no shortcut on my system
that has the ctrl+shift+j keystroke assigned to it. Cheers. Alex