Re: microsoft office activation

  • From: "Adam Daou" <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:18:15 -0500

Hi Steve,
When Troubleshooting, it's always good to explore what's active or not.
Exploring what's on the screen is the first thing to do. Plus, making sure
we have full installation privileges in XP. So, mister McAfee is
complaining. Some Anti-Virus software are configured to let the user decide
whether to allow something or not. That's normal. Norton has that same
feature. I will not recommend to get rid of McAfee. It's better to deal with
its configuration and warning messages. I use it at home and at work and
usually, it works in the background even when updating its virus list file.
I get a warning from time to time, and I deal with it using the Jaws cursor.
Anyway, prior to allowing anything, read the warning message and decide
accordingly. Finally, Norton and McAfee are both good and they protect us.
Please keep us posted.
Adam