Re: microsoft office activation

  • From: "Adam Daou" <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 18:42:17 -0500

Hi Steve,
Windows XP and Microsoft Office have to be activated. In XP, you don't
always need to do a hard reboot. You can log off using the start menu, or
restart if you want to. Sometimes, we have to use alt control delete,
followed by alt plus e once, then again alt plus e to get rid of a
rebellious application, and finally Escape key to close Windows Task
Manager. To activate Office, first make sure you're online, then start
Office and follow the Activation Wizard. If Jaws locks up again, restart
your computer, make sure you're online, close Jaws program, and press
Windows key plus r key to open the Run box. Type winword, and hit Enter key.
Winword is the real program name for MS Word. Wait for it to settle down and
display its Activation Wizard. Now, start Jaws and see if locks up. If it
doesn't, fine, just follow the activation screen. If not, keep us posted,
and we can try another non conventional method that might work
Take care.
Adam