Re: length of jaws training

  • From: "Cher Bosch" <Cher.Bosch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:32:59 -0500

Linda,

I work with students for 75 to 90 minutes twice per week.  I'd estimate
that it takes around a year or more to accomplish what yu describe;
especially when you include learning to deal with windows updates,
anti-virus and spyware.  That may sound like a long time, but the number
of tasks keeps growing!

Cher

>>> linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/02/05 1:15 PM >>>

I'm looking for data about the length of time it takes, on average, for
someone to learn to use jaws for basic word processing, email, and web
surfing.  This would be for someone who already types but has never used
a computer before-- therefore has no concept of pull down menus,
buttons, etc.  The only info I could find about this were places
offering 10 - 20 hours training but that seems inadequate to me.  Any
info you have or could direct me to is appreciated!
Linda