length of jaws training

  • From: "linda" <linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 12:15:49 -0500

I'm looking for data about the length of time it takes, on average, for someone
to learn to use jaws for basic word processing, email, and web surfing.  This
would be for someone who already types but has never used a computer before--
therefore has no concept of pull down menus, buttons, etc.  The only info I
could find about this were places offering 10 - 20 hours training but that
seems inadequate to me.  Any info you have or could direct me to is appreciated!
Linda