Re: jaws and windows xp professional

  • From: "david poehlman" <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 08:33:44 -0400

Here is what I do to increase speed and jaws performance on a new system.

First, I uninstall anything I don't need or cannot use and this can take a
little work.  Next, I make sure that only what should be running at start up
is running.  and this can also take some doing.  On a lot of laptops, there
are all these little programs that run that can get in the way of jaws and
slow the system down.  Make sure you turn off all back ground processes such
as indexing, automatic windows updates etc.  I'll be happy to help with this
and it can all be done by hand with a bit of time and patience.  Doing it by
hand is the best way because you have a better chance of cleaning out the
registry this way and you get to know your computer better.
Write me off list at:
poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx

Note, your mialage may vary because some processors just use a lot of over
head.