RE: jaws and windows xp professional

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 11:03:34 -0400

Well, none of them (except for jaws itself) are so important that your
pc won't boot without it.  It's generally safe therefore to do a little
experimenting to see if what you've disabled is noticable.  Often it's
not (often it's related to the video card), or, it's some program for
checking the web site for updates to some piece of software (the real
player is determined to keep it's update checker in place, no matter how
many times you try to disable it, it will come back!).  Sometimes, for
notebooks, it's something that performs some special action based on the
extra keys they often have, or, some special display in the system tray
to show remaining battery life.

Hth,

Chip