interesting question

  • From: "Midence, Alex" <MidenceA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:41:00 -0600

Hi, all,

Real simple question here, or perhaps not.  Doing a bit of studying of Old
English and I cna't seem to be able to get Jaws to read two letters
properly.  They aren't used in modern english anymore.  I wanna know if
there's a way to assign a sound to a phoneme in jaws at the user level.

The letters, there's three actually are:?

?  Edh pronounced like the th in this the and brother
? Thorn pronounced like the th in thimble path thumb and smithy

ae a-e which sounds like the a in hat fat and sat

I'd also like to assign them braille characters since the edh is assigned
the same as the d making for confusion in reading with braille.

later, all

Alex Midence