getting Jaws to work with Thunderbird E-mail Client

  • From: "T Behler" <tombehler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws users e-mail list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 22:14:26 -0600

Hello.

My name is Tom Behler, and I have just joined this list.

I have recently switched jobs, and, at my new job, they use Thunderbird as
their e-mail client, and I am having
trouble getting it to work well with Jaws.

Here are the two most important issues I'm dealing with now:

1.  When I read a message, just about every other line, I keep hearing
something like:

ex-western

My sighted XYL says it doesn't show up on the screen anywhere, but Jaws
keeps saying it.

Obviously, I need to get rid of that somehow.

2.  Whenever I reply to an e-mail, my main PC cursor remains fixed where I
last stopped typing. ... In other words, Jaws doesn't let me review or edit
my reply.  I can do a Control Down Arrow, and get some verbal feedback, but
that still doesn't help me edit or review what I've written in the e-mail
reply.

If anyone uses Thunderbird, please give me any thoughts on these problems.
... Also, if you have any Jaws scripts for Thunderbird, please send them my
way.

I'm currently using Jaws 9.0 with Windows XP.

I do have Jaws 10.0 here to install if that would help.

Thanks!

Tom Behler in Colorado

Alternative archives located at: