Re: defraging question

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 02:35:10 +0200

I have a machine running win 98 se which has a 160 GB drive and it sees it fine without any third party software.

for defrag, I would recommend Diskeeper, the freeware version of which is available from the programs section on www.jfwlite.com.
Cheers,

Doris

At 07:59 PM 8/2/2005 -0400, you wrote:
I have a machine that is running Windows 98.

The machine has a 60GB hard drive installed in it.

As far as I know, Windows 98 will only recognize drives up to 20GB in
capacity.

So, in order for you to be able to use your 160GB hard drive, you will
need to go to the company's web site and down load their DMS (Disk
Management Software).

The Disk Management Software takes over the accessing, writing and
management of all the files on the hard drive and reports the results
to Windows 98.

The interaction between the Disk Management program and Windows 98 is
so seemless that you will not notice that there is an additional piece
of software that is interacting between the management of your files
on the Hard drive and Windows.

HTH.

Sincerely:

Dave Dirber