RE: computer maintenence

  • From: "James McKillop" <buttfish@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:27:07 +1000

you got it
sure do..
I have just started using perfect disk for xp as my disk defragger, over
nortons speedisk, I was using speedisk instead of using the standard
windows defragger.
After all of my computer friends and myself complaing that no matter how
many times you run speedisk back to back, it never seems to be any
better really.
So I have been using perfect disk now for only about 1 week, but one
thing is for sure i notice faster disk access all the way around.
Like I said I haven't really experimented with it yet, but believe that
it will also do a disk defrag on the system reboot so it can control the
entire disk and not have windows butting in during defragging.
hth
p.s. i don't run scan disk or nortons replacement for scandisk very
often at all, only if the disk wont defrag and its telling me there is
an error of some sort..

Cheers,James