Re: book keeping program usable with Jaws?

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 15:47:28 -0500

Hank,

As you have already learned, FS does not support any type of business
accounting software.  Ken Gould, who wrote a book on JAWS scripting, was able
to make QuickBooks work well with his business by writing custom scripts.  He
emphasized that these scripts were specifically designed to give him the access
to the program he needed and would not work with other QuickBooks installations.

A couple of members of the GW Micro list have reported good results with
Window-Eyes and Peachtree Accounting.  You should probably download a trial to
see how well it works with JAWS.  You might also download a trial of Simply
Accounting and give it a try.

Gary King
w4wkz@xxxxxxxx